1790 - The White Hart Inn

The White Hart Inn has been a public house since before 1795.  It closed in November 2014 after over 220 years service to the village.  Formerly known as The Green Man and The Mompesson Arms (Click here for the full history as known) it has a long history as a Coaching Inn, Parcel Depot, and Bed and Breakfast.

The landlady working under manager James Hancock in 1868 supplied the beer to the people fighting the farmyard fire at Huish Manor Farm.

The White Hart Inn formerly The Green Man and The Mompesson Arms – date unknown.

Below the ladies of the parish gathering at the pub.

Ladies Avebury Walk outside White Hart in Oare around 1970’s