1812 - The Old Rectory

The current Old Rectory is also a recent building comparatively speaking, but it sits on the site of its predecessors.¬† Although the original house is now nearly overshadowed by a three storey extension on the west side and the various outbuildings have been removed or remodelled it remains well situated within the “glebe land”.

The following  is taken from the listed buildings website:

Rectory Grade II listed. Now house. c1812. Brick, C20 tiled roof. Two storeys and cellar, 3 bays. Central entrance with narrow stone Tuscan portico and cellar window under steps. Four-panelled door with fanlight. Bays either side with 2-storey bow windows. Sixteen- pane sashes to ground floor, 12-pane tripartite.to upper floor. Mansard roof, swelling forward over bows. Gable external stacks. Outbuilding on left. Parallel rear block added mid C19 (date 1830 W.B on hopper). Sixteen-pane sashes with keystones and cambered brick heads. Interior has marble fire surround in left drawing room.

Old Rectory Huish C1812 Grade II listed