1860 - Porch Cottage(s)

Originally these cottages were situated half way down the front gardens and further east. We assume they were rebuilt in the late 1800s as the old cottages appear on the 1750 ans 1812 maps but not the 1841.  This pair of cottages was further remodelled into one larger property for JB Strong’s sister, Mrs Nicholls. This work included knocking down and rebuilding the front wall. Mrs Nicholls never moved in once the work was completed. Older residents remember the old hand pump in the front garden.

Yew Tree Cottages (left)and Porch Cottages (right) Huish as two cottages believed around 1960.

Yew Tree and Porch Cottages Huish 2013